Having employees with bulky CVs, filled with experience and skills, doesn’t always result in a successful and effective workplace. If you think about it, what is the use of experience and skills if the employee can’t see it through with the right attitude. The right attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is often the catalyst that sparks extraordinary results.
Having the right attitude amongst employees will result in the following important values in office:
• Respect – With a culture of the right attitude, employees will respect one another, their employers, clients and the work that they do. A person with the right attitude will tend to treat clients and their co-workers with respect, even if they don’t agree with a situation.
• Hard work – This is a given. If someone has the right attitude, hard work will follow. If management can implement a culture with the right attitude, hard work will be the result. With the right attitude employees will want to give their best and want to succeed with every task they take on.
• Deadline driven – If a culture with the right attitude is implemented, employees become motivated to work harder and reach deadlines. They will see missing a deadline as a failure and they will dread failing. What is important to the company, tends to become important to the employees. With this frame of mind, the company’s success will become a priority to its employees.
• Presence – The right attitude will lead to employees having pride to work at the company. They will speak in good light of their workplace and the public will notice this. The public image of the company is based on how employees describe it. This will capture the public’s attention and if this is a good image, they will want to be a part of the company.
• New ideas – Employees will have an innovative attitude and come up with new ideas. They won’t be shy to step forward and put these ideas on the table. If their ideas aren’t used, they won’t feel that they failed, they will go back to the drawing board and try even harder.
• Commitment – A person can have all the qualifications in the world but if that person doesn’t have an attitude of commitment, there will always be doubt. An employee with the right attitude will show the willingness to do whatever it takes to fulfil their duties. Individual employees with the right attitude will create an office culture of teamwork and support to one another.
You are probably now thinking about how a culture with the right attitude is created in the workplace? This starts with top management; employees look up to their seniors for guidance. This guidance will also include character traits like attitude. Also, it is important to employ the right people who will help to create the right attitude, instead of breaking it down.
If you need any further advice or assistance on labour issues, you may contact Human Alliance